The Lifespan Waiver is available to participants who live in their own private residence or the home of a family member. The features of self-direction include the Agency with Choice model allowing participants to have Employer Authority. The Agency with Choice model allows you or your representative the opportunity to recruit, hire, train, and supervise your caregivers. In this model of service, Consumer Direct Care Network Delaware will assist with tasks such as:
- Caregiver record retention
- Processing time sheets and issuing paychecks
- Withholding and filing employer and caregiver related payroll taxes
- Ensuring workers’ compensation and unemployment coverage
- Compliance with federal and state rules and regulations
- Providing spending summaries (Online access available)
We help you process payment for approved goods or services including Respite Camp payments. We work with Community Navigators, Division of Developmental Disabilities Services (DDDS), your camp vendor to set up forms for payment and tax requirements and, issue payments.
- Vendor setup forms, specifically W-9 form and SS-8 form
- We issue payment to Vendor
- We issue IRS Form 1099 to vendors
For more information regarding the Lifespan Waiver and to start services with Consumer Direct Care Network contact your Columbus Community Navigator.